How do you keep track of topics of interest on the Internet? Do you visit news site, subscribe to RSS feeds, email newsletters, Google Alerts, Twitter? Many Internet users are overwhelmed by the information at their disposal.
Montage is a new online service by Microsoft Fuse Labs that allows everyone to create visual web albums of topics of interest. The information can be supplied from a variety of sources including RSS feeds, Youtube, Twitter or Bing. To make it better, they are also updated in realtime to always displays the latest and greatest.
You get started by visiting the Montage website and entering a topic of interest. This can be anything, from your favorite blog to a sports team, celebrity, brand or hobby.
Montage automatically pulls information from various sources and displays a first suggestion to the user.
It is possible to try different layouts. Once an initial layout has been selected it can be edited before it gets published. The layout is divided into widgets that can be removed or split either horizontally or vertically.
Contents can be edited or added easily by selecting the option and performing a search. Searches currently available include text, video and image searches but also Twitter, Bing Twitter Maps, Facebook Comments, News and RSS.
Its flexibility is one of the strength of Montage. It is possible to use realtime updates or select a specific element that should always be displayed on the page. Even better, it is possible to combine information from different websites in one montage.
Montages can be saved and published. This requires a Twitter, Facebook or Windows Live account. TheMontage gallery lists already published Montages by users grouped into categories such as technology, business, news or sports. The gallery can be used to take a closer look at the online service which is especially helpful for users who are not sure yet if they should create their own montage.
LONDON: Microsoft’s Windows 7, the hottest operating system packed with several new features and which is selling like hotcakes, is now making millions of users worldwide frustrated with an unique problem called ‘black screen of death’.The error appears to occur after logging on to the affected systems, rendering the computer unresponsive, the software giant has acknowledged.
The black screen of death is a play on the ‘blue screen of death’ colloquialism used for the error screen that has plagued Windows users over the years, The Daily Mail reported.The company said it was investigating a disabling glitch that seems to particularly affect its latest operating system.However, it denied reports that its latest monthly security update has caused the serious system problems."We have conducted a comprehensive review of the November Security Updates, the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, and the non-security updates we released through Windows Update in November," Microsoft said in a blog posting."That investigation has shown that none of these updates make any changes to the permissions in the registry. Thus, we don’t believe the updates are related to the ‘black screen’ behaviour described in these reports."Software firm Prevx had earlier suggested that the blank screen problem was caused by Microsoft’s latest security patch. However, it retracted from its claim later.
It seems that major change by Microsoft is to change from Blue Screen of death to Black Screen of death.May be future versions have may red ,yellow and all other colours of death
USB drives have completely replaced CDs and floppies. Most of the users prefer to use USB drive as it is available at cheap price with high storage capacity. USB drives are also becoming medium of spreading of viruses and worms due to auto run functionally of Windows.
Also when you connect your clean USB drive to infect machine your USB drive may get infected and subsequently infecting all the machines on which this USB drive is used. One way to protect and prevent virus spreading via USB drive is by disabling USB drive write meaning making it “read only”.
By default Windows doesn’t provide any option to Write Protect USB drives and you need to edit Windows registry to achieve this. To make it easier for you here is third party freeware tool Thumbscrew.
Thumbscrew allows you to quickly enable or disable writing to all USB mass storage devices on your Windows system. In other ou can use it to make a USB flash drive, hard drive or IDE / SATA drive in an enclosure read only.
- Bill Gates earns US$250 every SECOND, that’s about US$20 Million a DAY and US$7.8 Billion a YEAR!
- If he drops a thousand dollars, he won’t even bother to pick it up because during the 4 seconds he picks it, he would’ve already earned it back.
- He can donate US$15 to everyone on earth but still be left with US$ 5 Million for his pocket money.
- If Bill Gates was a country, he would be the 37th richest country on earth.
- If you change all of Bill Gate’s money to US$1 notes, you can make a road from the earth to moon, 14 times back and forth. But you have to make that road non-stop for 1,400 years, and use a total of 713 BOEING 747 planes to transport all the money.
- Gates told his university teachers he would be a millionaire by age 30. He became a billionaire at age 31.
- In 2002, Bill Gates was considered more idolized than Chinese Communist leader Mao Tse-tung in a poll of teenagers in Hong Kong and China. The survey was conducted by the City University of Hong Kong.
- As of the March 2007 issue of Forbes magazine, Bill Gates has been listed as Number 1 on “Forbes’ Richest People” list for 13 years in a row. His current net worth is about $56 billion
- Gates is the current owner of the Codex Leicester Ã¢â‚¬â€ a 72-page collection of Leonardo da Vinci’s scientific writings. The writings are a mixture of observations on water properties, astronomy, and rocks and fossils. Gates puts the Codex on public display once a year in a different city around the world.
- If he drops a thousand-dollar bill, he needn’t even bother to pick it up because in the four seconds it would take him to pick it up, he would’ve already earned it back
- If Microsoft Windows’ users can claim US$1 for every time their computers hang because of Microsoft Windows, Bill Gates will be bankrupt in 3 years..
Page file is a method of using free disk space on the hard disk as a RAM. The operating system does this by moving the programs currently not in use to the page file creating more free space in RAM. The page file also called virtual memory. Generally it is situated in the system root(most commonly C:) and it’s size is managed by the operating system(Windows). It’s always better to change the location of the page file because
Since the page file is in the c: and all your program files and user files are also stored in the same drive the same partition is accessed for everything and this leads to regular addition and removal of data which leads to high fragmentation of this partition a which includes the page file also. Since page file can’t be defragmented like other files it leads to performance degradation.
Here are the steps to relocate your page file,before doing create a seperate partition for your page file.
- Right click on My computer and select properties
- Under the advanced tab in the in the “Visual Effects,Processor Scheduling..”area click on settings button.
- In performance options box chose “advanced tab”
- In the the Virtual memory section and click the change button.
- In the virtual memory menu option chose C: and select the no paging file option.
- Select the drive in which you want to place the page file.
- Select the custom size option;
- In that you have to enter initial and final size of the page file
- By rue of thumb Initial size of page file is 1.5 times your RAM and final size twice the size of the RAM
- If your RAM is 2Gb Then initial size is=3072 Mb Final size = 4096