Disable Autorun In Windows
The autorun feature in windows is a useful feature,but most of the times it will create some problems.This is more prominent when we are using removable drives(pendrive). As soon as we plug it in a box opens with options like “play music with Windows media player”,”browse the files” etc. This is one of easiest way to spread viruses. All virus have a autorun file associated with them to be executed so as soon as we plug in the pendrive it gets executed and affects the system it is better to disable this feature on safety grounds.
Here are the steps to do it:
- Press start—> run and type “regedit”.
- Windows will open Registry Editor;
- In that navigate to the following key
- In the right pane double click on the NoDriveTypeAutoRun feild
- Change it’s value from’91’ to ‘ff’
- Now close registry editor and restart your system.